Hattaway Communications is a company dedicated to communications for impact. We use the power of strategy, science, and storytelling to help visionary leaders and organizations achieve ambitious goals that benefit people and the planet.
We want to work for your cause and provide the communications expertise you need to achieve your goals and serve your community. We are launching a new pro bono program to work with nonprofit organizations with limited resources that are mission-driven, led by people of color, serve communities of color, and operate locally. Pro bono projects help forge new relationships in our communities and provide an opportunity for everyone involved to broaden their network.
This might be a good opportunity for your organization if:
You want to update your brand or share a new story about the work you do
You need to reach new audiences to increase your reach, resources, and impact
You are launching a new campaign and need help with design and strategy
You have new leadership and want to define a new vision and strategy
You want to update your visual identity to reflect your current mission and impact
The work could be focused in one or more of the following areas:
Research. From survey to landscape analysis—we’ll conduct research that produces insights that help you understand how to motivate and mobilize people.
Strategy. We’ll work together to define communications objectives, identify your key audiences, and produce a clear game plan for your communications.
Content. Our designers and storytellers will create content through words, images, and stories that inspire and engage people.
Campaigns. We’ll explore how to reach your audience through the right channels, conversations, and experiences.
Knowledge. Our team offers coaching and training to equip your team to be confident and effective communicators.
The program is intended for D.C.-based organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Mission-Driven. The organization must align with our mission of “achieving ambitious goals for people and the planet”
- Diverse Leadership and Service. The organization should be primarily led by a person(s) of color and serve communities of color.
- D.C.-Focused. The nonprofit organization should operate in the D.C. area and serve local communities.
- Limited Resources. The organization’s budget would not currently allow them to afford or prioritize consultation services.
This would be an opportunity for your team to work together with our team of strategists, researchers, designers, and storytellers.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Pro Bono Application” in the subject line:
- A 1-2 page cover letter explaining what kind of communications assistance your organization needs and how it would benefit from this initiative. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What would you like to achieve through working with us?
- Why are you seeking help now?
- How can Hattaway Communications help your organization?
- What would this kind of communications assistance mean to your organization?
- A brief overview of your organization and its work—detailing your mission and impact, your key audiences, and organizational structure.
The application period will be open from February 11-March 11. After the application period has closed, we will review all submissions and contact the finalists for additional information.